Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio on PCI-104 (i.e., Fedora on USB Flash Dr

From: Steve Totaro
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio on PCI-104 (i.e., Fedora on USB Flash Drive)
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 12:31:09 -0400

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 10:19 AM, Trond Danielsen
<address@hidden> wrote:
> 2008/5/1 Bahn, William L Civ USAFA/DFCS <address@hidden>:
>
>  >  Is there a fairly straightforward way to get Fedora to run from a USB key?
>
>  Just boot the install media with the USB key plugged into the board
>  and you should be able to select the USB key as the target for the
>  install.
>

>  >  An alternative would be: Does anyone know of a Linux distro that can be
> made to run from a USB key that we can get GnuRadio up and running on without
> too much heartache. We've tried installing it on DSL (Damn Small Linux) but
> can't get the fftw libraries to compile.
>
>  GNU Radio and related tools are now available from the Fedora
>  repository which should get you up and running in no time :-)
>
>  Regard,
>  --
>  Trond Danielsen

Although this is not exactly what you are looking for, it may be
helpful to some who want to run on compact flash or modify it to run
on a USB drive.

It was originally designed for Asterisk embedded systems but it is
certainly not limited to that.

Just throwing out an idea to see if it may be helpful to anyone.

http://limeylinux.org/

Thanks,
Steve Totaro