Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Which version of Linux is the most convenient, S

From: Roshan Baliga
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Which version of Linux is the most convenient, SuSE or Fedora or ...
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 11:10:01 -0700

Zhenghao Zhang wrote:
I am new to GNU radio and I was wondering which version of Linux you
use. Is it SuSE or Fedora? I just want to know which is the most
popular version of Linux for gnu radio such that I would have less
problems working on it. I have a PC with CentOS and I cannot install
gnu radio on it fully. Thanks very much for your time.

This page

http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/BuildGuide#OperatingSystemSpecificInstructions

Includes direction for various flavors of GNU/Linux. My personal experience is that Ubuntu and Fedora are fairly easy to use with gnuradio.

-Roshan