Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] any recommendation? debug tools and IDE on cygwin

From: Jan Schiefer
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] any recommendation? debug tools and IDE on cygwin
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 20:46:03 -0700

From some sessions I attended at Eclipecon, it seems that cygwin support for Eclipse CDT is indeed limited, and that isn't likely to change. I did some JNI work with it and it mostly worked for me, but the indexer seems to have a hard time with the cygdrive paths. Writing your own Makefiles definitely helps. If you are considering Eclipse, you do want to build with mingw instead. I haven't tried this with gnuradio, so I don't know what is involved, but I seem to recall reading that it is possible.

This idea definitely has potential as Eclipse has pretty reasonable Python support, too. It may be easier to start playing with this on Linux though, to avoid having to solve too many problems at once.

Just my -17dB$,
  Jan

Bob wrote:
guys, I just got GR installed on cygwin. It runs. But
don't know what debugging tools and IDE that I can use
to play with it. Eclipse for windows seems not support
cygwin. I couldn't run debugging or any other code
navigation function.

do you have any suggestions and recommendations on
cygwin debugging tools and IDE? really appreciate it!!

Bob