Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Modulation problem ?

From: Ed Criscuolo
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Modulation problem ?
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 12:58:10 -0400

Eric Blossom wrote:
On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 05:15:12AM -0700, irene159 wrote:
Hello,

I am testing QPSK modulation. To do so, I have created a text file that I
modulate and demodulate with blks2impl dqpsk.py. The problem is the
resulting demodulated file, which I can not open:

"Could not open the file Resultat.txt.
gedit has not been able to detect the character coding.
Please check that you are not trying to open a binary file.
Select a character coding from the menu and try again."
Help would be appreciated. Please find code files below.

Regards,
Irene

http://www.nabble.com/file/p17316660/Modulation.py Modulation.py http://www.nabble.com/file/p17316660/Demodulation.py Demodulation.py --

How about:

  $ cat Resultat.txt

or

  $ less Resultat.txt

Or :

od -tx1 Resultat.txt | less

to get hex bytes to see what's going on at a binary level.