Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QPSK modulation resampling

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] QPSK modulation resampling
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 09:10:46 +0100

irene159 wrote:
Well actually I do think phase_error_detector_generic and decision_generic
work for PSK modulations (such as BPSK and QPSK).
What I don’t understand is the use of the switch case block in the code (to
treat BPSK and QPSK separately from other modulations) as the code in all of
the cases considered is exactly the same. My first thought was that there
would be specific and more efficient functions for BPSK and QPSK but I only
see generic ones.

You should see that there are optimized function definitions for the QPSK and BPSK cases, but notice I just say the function definitions and not the functions. Those were put in there as place holders, and while they are nearly correct, it was just me putting them in off the cuff and never testing them. I think I sorted them all out a few weeks ago while flying over the Atlantic, but that was the start of my vacation and I haven't been able to put it back in the repository (nor will I for at least another week).

The generic cases work for all PSK modulations.

Tom