Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DBSRX used for GPS: cycle slip

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] DBSRX used for GPS: cycle slip
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 15:39:53 -0700

Chris Stankevitz wrote:
I am seeing sudden freq shifts at the local oscillator on the order of ~500Hz which make it impossible to track GPS.

It appears that this problem happens on only one of my two DBSRX boards.

What are your PLL settings? If you minimize the R divide ratio, you can eliminate this. The larger R divide will put you further from right on frequency, but the DDC will put you right back in the right place.

Matt