[Discuss-gnuradio] Losing data during long collects

From: Chris Stankevitz
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Losing data during long collects
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 13:41:03 -0700

Hi,

I'm using the USRP/DBSRX to record data for GPS.  GPS tracking demands a
continuous stream of data -- dropped bits make tracking impossible.
4Msps of complex data supplies 16 MB/s -- within USB2 bandwidth and my 4
disk RAID0 bandwidth.

I record the data using my own c++ version of cfile.  I never get an
error or overrun condition from usrp_standard::read so it appears that
everything is working fine.  However, when I process the data it is
clear that data is dropped -- approximately a few thousand samples every
minute or two.  I typically record data for one hour at a time.

I read data from the USRP in batches of 8192 16 bit short samples.

Anyone have any tips on tracking down why I am dropping data?

Thanks,

Chris