Re: Re[Discuss-gnuradio] sampling

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: Re[Discuss-gnuradio] sampling
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2008 17:26:20 +0100

irene159 wrote:
Hello,

I am using blks2impl dqpsk modulator/demodulator.

Since demodulator's "samples_per_symbol" value must be an integer >=2 and
USRP samples at 64 Msamples/s with a 2^(n) possible decimation, I have to
sample a 2100 kbps carrier (=1050 ksym/s).

I found two blocks that may apparently be used for resampling:
- rational_resampler()
- rational_resampler_base_xxx()

I am not sure of which one I should use. Does somebody know the difference
between them?

I've read that rational_resampler_xxx() is a high-level wrapper for
gr.rational_resampler_base_xxx but I don't understand what it means.

As Eric said, you can use any even decimation rate.

If you need to resample, you're better off using the blks2.rational_resampler block which is a convenient wrapper for gr.rational_resampler.

Tom