Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gr_mpsk_ receiver_cc’s costas loop issue

From: Zenny Zhang
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gr_mpsk_ receiver_cc’s costas loop issue
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:53:16 -0400

Hi,

I have been working on the mpsk receiver code also recently. Hope I
can be of some help.

> "terminal_display" result files prove NCO's frequency isn't adapted to
> frequency_offset correction (even for small values of frequency deviation).

I am not sure what you printed as f. The mpsk_receiver_cc block can
return both the frequency and phase. The frequency is more or less
stable and seems to be the frequency offset, the NCO value is just the
phase difference as far as I remember, and will change wildly.

The mpsk_receiver_cc tracks phase change with phase tracking code, and
I don't think there is an NCO involved...

- Zenny