Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Spectrum Inversion

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: Spectrum Inversion
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 23:57:34 -0700

Pepito31 Pepito31 wrote:
Matt Ettus wrote:
Pepito31 Pepito31 wrote:
I have recorded a signal that is spectrum inverted. I've heard that it's
possible to restore the signal by "swapping" I and Q, but I remember
that there was a "minus" to intruduce in-between.
Could you please help me, giving me the exact transformation to apply,
and eventually the associated limitations.

You can invert the spectrum of a complex signal by doing ONE and ONLY
ONE of the following:
    swapping I and Q
    negating I
    negating Q

Thanks Matt,
For information, is this transformation only valid for a transformation for a carrier centered on 0, or is it applicable to a carrier located everywhere on the spectrum ?

It will reverse the entire signal.