[Discuss-gnuradio] Maximum RF Input Power

From: Thomas
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Maximum RF Input Power
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 15:22:38 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to determine the maximum safe RF power I can feed into the DBSRX and TVRX daughterboards. I have looked at the datasheets, for the boards' tuners, but I am still not certain enough.

Does anyone know what the maximum safe (no risk of damage to the daughterboard or USRP) input power is for these boards? Also, what is the maximum usable (no distortion due to excessive power) input power for these boards?

I am asking this becuase I am interested in trying the USRP as a VNA and could be feeding it several dBm (perhaps 10 dBm) unless I take precautions.

Thanks!

Thomas