[Discuss-gnuradio] VM Make Check problem : createfilemapping is not avai

From: Richard Clarke
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] VM Make Check problem : createfilemapping is not available
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 10:42:40 +1200

Hi All,

I have been attempting to use a GNU Radio 3.1.2 Virtual Machine (guest OS is Open Suse 10.2) kindly provided by Chiara De Dominicis, with the USRP. Initial communications with the USRP were established, enough for firmware download to the USRP. However when attempting to run any script that makes use of the USRP the following error is thrown up after a few seconds before the whole VM crashes into oblivion.

Terminal message output: gr_check_counting: enter_SEARCHING at offset 0 (0x00000000) gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping: createfilemapping is not available

Now, I've also created my own Ubuntu 8.04 VM with GNURadio 3.1.2 built from source (svn trunk) and installed. I got as far as the 'make check'. All tests passed EXCEPT one relating to gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping: The specific messages are:

Testing gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping_factory...
gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping: createfilemapping is not available
.........gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping: createfilemapping: Doesn't work

from here on all other tests pass OK.

So, there is a point of common failure between the 2 VM's. Does anyone have a clue as to what might be the cause for this failure and what if anything can be done to rectify it? If there is any more info I can provide that may help with a diagnosis then please let m know and I'll do my best to obtain it.

Thanks for any assistance.

Cheers
Richard

addressee.  It is subject to copyright, is confidential and may be
lost by reason of this transmission.
other act on the email.