Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Segmentation fault (core dump)

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Segmentation fault (core dump)
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 09:52:57 -0700

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 03:38:18AM -0700, irene159 wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have modified gr_constellation_decoder_cb.cc in order to have a second
> output stream (type float) sending back min_euclid_dist.
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p18313925/gr_constellation_decoder_cb.cc
> gr_constellation_decoder_cb.cc
>
> Please take a look and let me know if there are any errors, I am not sure of
> how to code two outputs with different data types.

Your io_signature allows either 1 or 2 outputs, but the code in work
assumes that there are always two outputs, thus writing indeterminate
memory in the case where only 1 output is hooked up.

foptr is not valid if there's only one output connected.

You can determine the number of outputs connected using

  output_items.size()

Eric