RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] IF sampling in ISM band

From: Phaysal Khan
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] IF sampling in ISM band
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:54:38 +1000

> In the trunk (sorry, I didn't take time to build 3.1.2), when I do
> this, I see 16MHz of spectrum:
>
> address@hidden ~]$ usrp_fft.py -8 -f 92.1 -d 4

> How do you _know_ you're not getting +/- 8MHz?

I am looking at the signal spectrum in Matlab. The window shows me, I belive, -Fs/2 to Fs/2. i.e. +/-8MHz, and the main lobe is covering just half of this range. I am using matlab command

plot(fftshift(abs(fft(data)))

where 'data' contains the IF samples.

I can't use usrp_fft at -d 4 coz I am using a laptop right now. It gives me over run errors (uOuO). I might need to try that on a desktop.

> How wide is the signal that you want offset by 10MHz?

My signal is 20MHz wide and I do use '-d 4' when I  use usrp_rx_cfile command. (Mistakenly, I forgot to put it in mail).

> Eric

Try ninemsn dating now! Meet singles near you.