[Discuss-gnuradio] Multi-Usrp setup

From: Douglas Geiger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multi-Usrp setup
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 10:23:26 -0400

I am attempting to get a functioning setup with multiple USRP's working here, and am running into some difficulty. I have two recent (rev4) USRP's with RFX2400 daughtercards connected to a laptop running Ubuntu. I am able to talk to either individually (using usrp_fft.py, and other example code, etc.), but cannot get the multi_usrp_oscope.py program to work. I have connected the boards using a coax cable into an SMA connector on J2002/2001 as described at http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/USRPClockingNotes According to that same page recent RFX boards do not require additional connectors, so I assume I am set with regards to connectors. However, when I run multi_usrp.py (once selecting the master serial number - it does not appear to matter which one I select as master), the scope screen comes up but does not display anything (all the buttons, etc. are there, but nothing appears in the graph). Attempting to exit hangs the program, and I have to kill it manually (i.e. kill -9 <pid>).

I was running this with gnuradio-3.1.2 (on an ubuntu - hardy heron install). I have also tried using the latest svn code (after modifying the code to use toplevel/hier_block2 - which I was having trouble getting working).

Any suggestions, or hints?
Thanks,
 Doug