Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using USRP/GNURADIO Commercially

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using USRP/GNURADIO Commercially
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 07:49:50 -0700

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 12:26:03AM -0700, Choolo wrote:

> Matt-John wrote:
> >
> > Hello All,
> >
> > We are planning to use USRP/GNURADIO core to produce some commercial
> > products. Is this legal ? If not, how we can make it legal ? We dont want
> > to start anything not legal, so the answer is important.Thanks.
> >
> > Matt
>
> I am also interested in knowing the answer to this question.
>
> Thanks.
> Cho Bonus

IANAL.  You'll want to talk to one.

As long as you observe the terms that the code is licensed under, you
are free to do with the USRP and GNU Radio as you like.  GNU Radio is
licensed under the GNU General Public License, v3 or later.  The FPGA
portion of the USRP is licensed under the GNU General Public License,
v2 or later.

The GPL v3 is here:
  http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/COPYING?format=raw

You should seek professional legal advice and be sure that you
understand the terms of the license.

Eric