Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ADSL Modem

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ADSL Modem
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 20:03:51 +0200

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 10:07:00AM -0700, Charles N Wyble wrote:
> > Has anyone ever implemented ADSL using GNU Radio. It should be
> > possible rite?
>
> Hmmmm. Not sure why it would be possible. GNU Radio as far as I can tell
> is focused on radio. :)

Hm, DSL is basically OFDM over copper. So why shouldn't it work? It
would be an interesting application for the OFDM code.
Although I'm not quite sure what you'd experiment on unless you have a
DSLAM lying around :)
Bandwidth isn't necessarily huge, either, so you might even be able to
able to use a USRP if you know how to connect analog stuff up (That's
all voodoo to me...).

Although I agree with Charles that I'm not sure what you'd want to do
with it, unless you're simply looking forward to the challenge.

Regards,

--
Martin Braun
Institut fuer Nachrichtentechnik