[Discuss-gnuradio] FIFOS

From: Sebastiaan Heunis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] FIFOS
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 21:29:25 +0200

Hi

I managed to get the previous issue sorted.  You guys were right,
FIFOs are blocking, so you first need to open a read before you can
start writing to it.  Now I just have a question.  How do I read this
data in C++?  At the moment I am using

double *buf = new double;

 FILE* fifo = fopen("myfifo","rb");
 for (j=0;j<500000;j++)
 {
  fread(buf,sizeof(float),1,fifo);
 }

to read it out.  Inside the for loop, I copy buf to an array.  This
doesn't work.  When I write the received data to a datafile, open it
in Matlab and plot it, I get all-zeros.  When I output the first 100
values on the shell, they are in the order of 1e-314.  Can anyone
please tell me how to do this?

Thank you very much.

Sebastiaan