Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Packet Loss Rate/Bit Error Rate

From: Jason Uher
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Packet Loss Rate/Bit Error Rate
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:40:59 -0500

>Actually without and error correction mechanism, with FSK, I am getting almost
>half of my data lost.

A 50% BER can be a sign that your bits aren't making it through it
all.  I would guess you have some issues other than just needing error
correction.  I would check to make sure that there is not something
wrong with your set up.

Keep in mind that a receiver which randomly guesses bits should
achieve a BER of 40-60% because data of any kind ends up with a close
to equal distribution of high bits and low bits.

Jason