RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: gnu radio with a soundcard

From: Bob McGwier
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: gnu radio with a soundcard
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 00:45:05 -0400

Get a softrock 40.  I/Q sampler based on the quadrature sampling detector (fully balanced. Virtual ground, thus not Tayloe).  High performance, good sensitivity.  Yields I/Q in stereo audio for baseband processing.  If you already have a USRP, get the LFRX.

http://www.amqrp.org/kits/softrock40/

Frank Brickle and I wrote the SDR core for the software in the GUI shown in the second link (PowerSDR).

Bob McGwier

ARRL SDR Working Group Chair

NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.

“Trample the slow ....  Hurdle the dead"