Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Oddities in trunk address@hidden - @8850]

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Oddities in trunk address@hidden - @8850]
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 21:21:42 -0700

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 12:39:43AM +0200, Vincenzo Pellegrini wrote:
> OK, I've solved it. It was my fault as usual.. :-D
>
> > Are you subclassing gr_sync_interpolator?
>
> YUP
>

> > Are you overriding forecast in the same class?
> >
> NOPE
>

> what happened is that I mistook gr_sync_interpolator buggy behavior for a
> feature belonging to gnuradio. :-D
>
> It was indeed a useful feature for my purposes, and I built upon it. Before
> 8835, you could lock the value of noutput_items when using an interpolator
> by simply feeding into it a   noutput_items-long vector.
>
> after 8335, this was no longer true and set me into troubles.
>
> right now, I'm overriding fixed_rate_ninput_to_noutput in order to obtain
> the same result.
> It works. (using set output multiple did not)
> If there's a better way, I'm eagerly listening.

I think you misunderstand what gr_sync_interpolator is for.
To override fixed_rate_ninput_to_noutput would be very nonstandard.

If you are using gr_sync_interpolator, you should be prepared to deal
with whatever it passes to the work method.

What are you trying to accomplish?  Is there some kind of constraint
that you are trying to impose on how work is called?  If so, what is it?

> Just a preliminary question. Do we have already the new scheduler
> working also on the cell? I mean would it just do on the PS3 the
> same parallelization it is doing un my intel dual core cpu?

The new scheduler works on the cell, but it doesn't schedule the
blocks onto the SPEs.  At this time you need to write SPE-aware
blocks that use the gcell library.  Look for lots of examples in the
next month or so.

> really thanks for support...
> I wouldn't have fixed the thing without your suggestions..

You're welcome!

Eric