Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 Announcement

From: Douglas Geiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 Announcement
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 13:54:08 -0500

Very exciting!

One technical question:
By 25 MHz of instantaneous RF bandwidth - do you mean the 100Msamples/s from the ADC gets decimated down to 50Msamples/s? In which case, is the Gig-E able to handle that much sustained throughput (I'm guessing that's with 8-bit samples?).

Also, does the locking of the clocks of multiple USRP2's work like the USRP, e.g. where I can set one as the master and the other as slave - i.e. is the MIMO cable you refer to a coax SMA-SMA cable to connect the clock in/out connect (which have to be soldered in place) and the 2-wire cable to the daughterboard (like described on http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/MultiUsrp)?

Thanks,
Doug