[Discuss-gnuradio] RFX2400 and ATR question

From: George Nychis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFX2400 and ATR question
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 17:50:55 -0400

Hi all,

I am looking to disable the loopback of power on the RX while the RFX2400 is transmitting.

From what I understand, to do this I use set_auto_tr(). Do I need to enable it for both the TX and RX descriptor?

What i do with the TX descriptor does not seem to matter, my application will still work properly and the power is looped back through the RX.

When I set the RX descriptor, the transmitter works but the receiver completely breaks. The only raw sample values I ever get are a mix of 0 and 1.

I'm using homegrown C++ dboard code, that matches up with the python code:
https://moo.cmcl.cs.cmu.edu/trac/cmu_sdrg/browser/dboard_code/db_flexrf_mimo.cc#L232
http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/gr-usrp/src/db_flexrf.py#L321

Is my understanding of how this works incorrect?

Thanks!
George