Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC: 'Utils' not defined

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC: 'Utils' not defined
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 11:11:26 -0400

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 8:26 AM, Berndt Josef Wulf <address@hidden> wrote:
> G'day,
>
> Its been a while since I last used GRC and a lot has changed since then. I've
> built and installed GNU-Radio after merging GRC. I can run the sample and
> also create new circuits, but when load older GRC files I'm getting the
> following error:

> Parser Error: global name 'Utils' is not defined
>
> I can't find any reference to 'Utils' in any of these files and failed to find
> any reference to a possible solution using Google. Can someone push me in the
> right direction?

It's not my area of expertise, but the Utils class is defined in
__init__.py here:

    http://gnuradio.org/trac/browser/gnuradio/trunk/grc/src/utils

There is also a convert.py utility which supposedly converts old GRC
flowgraphs to the new format.  I remember Josh saying something about
needing a conversion, but that conversion was possible.

As I said, I am no expert in GRC and Josh is obviously the authority -
but good luck with your older GRC files.

Brian