Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: one question about gr_chunks_to_symbols_bc

From: jiangfan shi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: one question about gr_chunks_to_symbols_bc
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 11:56:08 -0500

Thanks, Eric.

>> >  for (int m=0;m<nstreams;m++) {
>> >    const unsigned char *in = (unsigned char *) input_items[m];

Maybe I do not express my questions clearly. Basically I am asking
what the above code statement means. My understanding is that the
input_items is a 2-dimension array. So after executing the above
statement, the "in" points to a list of chunk, which is mapped to a
symbol in the following statement.
>> >      memcpy(out, &d_symbol_table[(unsigned int)in[i]*d_D],
>> > d_D*sizeof(gr_complex));
And input_items includes a list of a list of chunk. Is my understanding right?

For the second question, what I am trying to ask is if d_D(D) means it
 assigns the parameter D to d_D field in the chunk_to_symbols_cc
class.

I am a newbie in the gnu radio, and I really appreciate these kind of
detailed explanation.

Thanks again.

Jiangfan