[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: question about the receiver sensitivity

From: Richard C. Jaeger
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: question about the receiver sensitivity
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 12:54:59 -0500

Bill,

I have a piece of the answer.  I am using the BasicRX transformer
coupled receiver boards.  With the programmable gain amplifier ahead of
the ADC set to a gain of 20 dB, I am measuring approximately -100 dBm
sensitivity for a 10 dB S+N/N in a 100-Hz bandwidth.  These numbers all
need to be refined, but they should at least be in the ball park for the
USRP by itself.

Dick...