[Discuss-gnuradio] ADC questions

From: Sebastiaan Heunis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] ADC questions
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 17:04:54 +0200

Hi

I have a few questions to ask about the ADC if anyone could please
help me?  I know that it has a 12-bit output, so our output is between
0 and 4095.  I would just like to know how this ADC input gets
converted after leaving the adc_interface block in the FPGA.  In other
words, how are positive and negative numbers represented, etc?  The
FPGA converts the 12bit input to a 16bit output.  What is done to get
it from the 0-4095 input to a 16bit output with + and - numbers?

Thank you very much.

Sebastiaan

--
Sebastiaan Heunis
Radar and Remote Sensing Group, University of Cape Town