[Discuss-gnuradio] calculaiton of bandwidth for USRP

From: Bill Stevenson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] calculaiton of bandwidth for USRP
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 11:01:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all!

I wanna make sure the way to calculate the transmission bandwidth for USRP system. As we know, the bitrate could be obtained based on bitrate=128/m/k, where m is the interpolation rate and k is the samples per symbol(suppose we use bpsk modulation), once we get bitrate, how to get the bandwidth? Should we have to use bitrate to divide spectral efficiency(R/W) to get bandwidth? If it is bpsk modulated, R/W is 1 and bandwidth is equal to bitrate? I think some kind of ideal filtering has been used in this case, but what is the actual bandwidth in the real world???

Thanks for everyone!

Bill