[Discuss-gnuradio] Using gnu-radio for project

From: Inderaj Bains
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Using gnu-radio for project
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2008 15:37:34 -0700

Dear Friends,

For a school project, I am looking to speed up a software radio.
I downloaded and built gnu-radio and dial-tone works.

Ideally, I'd like to start with a functioning GSM (others?) radio
which runs in software and speed up the computationally intensive
components (which gnu radio might be using the fpga for)

I would really appreciate if someone could help me in trying to figure
out if/how gnu-radio is a good fit and/or point to other open source
projects.

Thanks,
-Bains

PS.  I have no background in dsp/signal-processing but have good
programming background and my day job is writing compilers.