Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamically changing parameters of a block

From: kaleem ahmad
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamically changing parameters of a block
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2008 02:53:56 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Eric and others,

I also have a similar problem, but it is not limited to 'gain control',
Actually I want to implement an echo back or ping pong transmission system.

First I implemented two separate transmitt and receive flow graphs in two
separate transmit(), and receive() functions as mentioned in the following:

Master Transceiver:

      Transmit()            Transmitt one data packet
      Receive()             Wait in receive for the echoed back packet or
timeout

Slave Transceiver:

      if (Receive()):             Always wait in receive
             Transmit()            Transmitt back the received data packet

But in this method I get an error 'cant open usb device....cant open USRP
0/1'

Then I found flowgraph.disconnect() method and thought that I should
implement a single flowgraph which can dynamically connect different blocks
to transmit and then disconnect and connect with receive blocks and so on...

Is it possible and is there any example code which doing something like this
or otherwise can you please suggest me some way to do this.

Thanks

Kaleem Ahmad