Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FPGA Modeling in MATLAB/Octave

From: Kyle Pearson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FPGA Modeling in MATLAB/Octave
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 16:12:55 -0400

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 3:43 PM, Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 02:53:40PM -0400, Kyle Pearson wrote:
>> I'm looking to model the rx_chain of the USRP using MATLAB's fixed
>> point toolbox and I'm wondering if anyone has tried this yet in MATLAB
>> or Octave.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Kyle
>
> Excuse me if this is totally off the wall, but since if you run the
> verilog under a simulator (e.g., icarus), it will generate traces that
> give you all the state, on every clock.  What's to model?
>
> Eric

I want to model the algorithms in MATLAB to see if the performance of
the USRP can be improved via increased bitwidths, more cordic stages,
changes to the filters, etc. Since MATLAB code is easier to change and
simulate (for me at least) and the timing doesn't matter, simulating
with MATLAB seemed like the better way to model.

I am open to any suggestions you have on how to go about this.

Thanks,
Kyle