[Discuss-gnuradio] adf4360 tuning range

From: Ben Gilbert
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] adf4360 tuning range
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 09:55:28 +1000

Hi Everyone,

I have been looking at the rfx900 schematic and there something I don’t understand.  The transmitter system is specified to work over the 750 to 1050MHz range buy the synthesizer is specified to work over the 2400 to 2725 or 1200 to 1362MHz range.  As the input to the transmitter is a baseband signal, I would expect the board to work over the 1200 to 1362 range.  Is the GNU radio system simply using the synthesiser outside its recommended range?  From experience I know that this is possible but the results are not predictable.

Cheers,

Ben Gilbert