Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 firmware build

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 firmware build
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 15:11:34 -0700

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 01:58:02PM -0400, Jeff Long wrote:
> Trying out the firmware build ...
>
> - had to comment out apps/rx_only_v2.c, line 104
>   (static volatile bool link_is_up = false) to avoid
>   multiple definitions ... does not appear to be used
>   in this file and is declared static
>
> - build exceeds size of flatmem (0x8000) ... bumped to
>   0xa000 and it worked, but I don't know what flatmem is
>   at this point, so that's probably wrong
>
> - not sure why, but the EDK101_GPL_GNU gcc didn't build
>   right on a Fedora 9 machine ... worked fine on Fedora 8
>   ... will try again
>
> Also, should USRP2/RFX be working at this point?  Noticed
> select_rx_antenna is unimplemented (get more signal using
> RX2 than TX/RX but signal is really low), and rfx_set_gain_rx
> doesn't seem to have any effect.

Update: it looks like the size problem is caused by some change in the
system initialization code, or by some dependency we're accidental
triggering.  It's linking some things we're not using such as malloc
and signal(!).

The size of our individual object files are more or less the same
between versions of the tools.

Eric