Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Any GR MacOS X 10.5 Intel Users?

From: Thomas Schmid
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Any GR MacOS X 10.5 Intel Users?
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 19:46:18 -0700

Hi Michael,

Just finished reinstalling GNU Radio on Mac OS X 10.5. Worked like a
charm and was very easy to do. The only difference to the guide that
one can find on the web is that now we need guile in addition to the
other prerequisites. following is my command sequence, and my
.bash_login:

############ .bash_login
export PATH=/opt/local/bin:$PATH
export PYTHON_VERSION=`python -V 2>&1 | sed -e 'address@hidden@ @2' | awk '{
print $2 }'`
export PYTHON_ROOT=`which python | sed -e 's@/bin/python@@g'`
PYTHONPATH=${PYTHON_ROOT}/lib/python${PYTHON_VERSION}/site-packages
# for GNU Radio default prefix;
# change "/usr/local" to reflect the correct configure prefix
if [ ${PYTHON_ROOT} != "/usr/local" ]; then
   PYTHONPATH=${PYTHONPATH}:/usr/local/lib/python${PYTHON_VERSION}/site-packages
fi
export PYTHONPATH

#gnuradio stuff
export GR=$HOME/gr
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$GR/lib/pkgconfig:/opt/local/lib/pkgconfig
export CPATH=$GR/include:/opt/local/include
export LDFLAGS="-L$GR/lib -L/opt/local/lib"

#######################

Commands to install GNU Radio:
1. install darwin port and XCode
2. sudo port install gawk subversion autoconf automake libtool
pkgconfig swig boost cppunit fftw-3-single python_select py25-numpy
py25-wxpython libusb sdcc guile
3. svn co http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/trunk gnuradio
4. Replace libtoolize with glibtoolize in bootstrap
5. ./bootstrap
6. ./configure
7. make -j 4
8. sudo make install

Cheers,

Thomas

--
"Don't complain; Just work harder" - Randy Pausch

Thomas Schmid, Ph.D. Candidate
Networked & Embedded Systems Laboratory (NESL)
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)

http://gresci.blogspot.com/ - Science articles on green technology