Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to Kill a previous Audio process

From: Stefan Brüns
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to Kill a previous Audio process
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 19:45:05 +0200

On Tuesday 07 October 2008 19:30:58 Santi Ortega wrote:
> How to Kill a previous Audio process?
> I obtain this error: audio_alsa_sink[hw:0,0]: Device or resource busy
> And I remember there is a command to do it... but I don't know which!

There are to possibilities in this case:
Either, you can live with a small added latency due to software mixing, then
you should use "default:0" instead of "hw:0" (given that your distribution
configures ALSA to use software mixing, which is the case for all major
distributions), or you _really_ want to access the device exclusively. In
this case, use fuser:

list programms accessing any pcm device:
        fuser -v /dev/snd/pcmC?D?
kill any programm accessing any pcm device:
        fuser -k /dev/snd/pcmC?D?

Stefan

--
Stefan Brüns  /  Bergstraße 21  /  52062 Aachen
mailto:lurch at gmx.li  http://www.kawo1.rwth-aachen.de/~lurchi/