[Discuss-gnuradio] Switching from the receiving mode to the transmitting

From: Zenny Zhang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Switching from the receiving mode to the transmitting mode?
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 12:24:26 -0500

Dear All,

I am working on an application where I have a sender S and a receiver
R. The procesure runs as follows:

(1) S transmits the channel estimation sequence. R estimates channel.
(2) S switches to receiving mode. R switches to the transmiting mode.
R sends the channel estimation back to S.
(3) S switches back to transmiting mode. R switches back to the
receiving mode. S sends data to R.

For both S and R, I created two flow graphs, one for transmiting and
the other for receiving. When switching modes, I was basically
starting and stopping flow graphs. I found that I have to stay in step
(1) and (2) for at least 0.1 sec. Are you aware of any faster method
to do this? Thanks so much for any hint!

Best regards,
Zhenghao