Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] updated BBN 80211 code?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] updated BBN 80211 code?
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 20:42:04 -0400

  For me, I don't think this is a problem - as I've just recently
  submitted my assignment for patches to gnuradio. So as long as the BBN
  code is considered part of gnuradio - it should fall under that (as
  far as I understand my assignment statement).  Either way, if the code
  gets hosted somewhere, I'll be happy to send in what I have.  It does
  look like I'm going to have to re-create some of my work though - too
  many changes since this past summer and apparently I wasn't good about
  saving a version that worked.  As for the larger question about CGRAN,
  I think it makes sense as a third-party repository, but I can imagine
  that might lead to problems down the line for anything that might be
  desirable for inclusion into the mainline gnuradio  repository.

Great - in that case if you take the BBN code, beat on it, and get it in
the main repo that would be great.  It's fine with me if it goes in
CGRAN instead, but if it does I would want there to be clean history so
the later questions of ownership could be settled.  But still it's
better to have something that works with modern GNU Radio than not.

Responding to George, having CGRAN as a way to publish code that hasn't
yet been fully integrated, due to lack of Copious Spare Time or lack of
assignment, sounds like a good plan to me.  The ACERT server is more or
less functioning this way for the BBN 802.11 code and the gr-ucla code.