[Discuss-gnuradio] tv tuner cards and GNUradio

From: Bob Keyes
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] tv tuner cards and GNUradio
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 21:38:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I am new to GNU radio ( but not to Linux or Radio). I want to try to use a
Tv tuner card as a radio receiver under GNU radio. I don't own any such card at
the moment, and am wondering which card or chipset is currently the best to use
under gnu radio.

I am also thinking that I'd like to build a transverter, so I could use this tv
tuner card for higher bands. Has anyone tried this with a tv tuner card?

Regards,
Bob Keyes