Re: Re: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] small contract work

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] small contract work
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 16:03:47 -0700

On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 02:58:18PM -0700, address@hidden wrote:
> Hi Eric
>
> Per, you suggestion, I am looking at USRP and deciding what equipment to
> get.
>
> It seems FM falls in the range of TVRX daughterboard. However it seems to
> require antenna and there is no antenna listed for this range. Will I
> just be able to plug in a TV antenna for it? Is there an FM receiver code
> that will work if I get Basic RX receiver.

The Basic Rx board is not what you want for this case.  Get the TV RX.

Just pick up a FM dipole antenna (the flexible wire kind) at Radio
Shack or drug store, etc.  You'll also need a 75-ohm-to-300-ohm TV
matching transformer to connect the FM dipole to the F-connector (R/S
15-1253C).  Total cost of both items is about $5.

Eric