[Discuss-gnuradio] Transmitter-Receiver synchronization

From: kaleem ahmad
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmitter-Receiver synchronization
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:32:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone,

I am using USRP + RFX2400 + SUSI.

I have problem with the frequency synchronization of two USRP nodes, when
one is transmitter and the other one is slave. The way I am handling this
problem at the moment is as follows......I always first use
fftsink.fft_sink_c() with usrp's decimation = MAX i.e. 256, then I manually
calculate how much deviation is there from the center and then I
add/subtract that factor from my actual receiver which actually I want to
use for receiving data.

But the problem is every time I need to do this manual calculation. Now I am
thinking to implement a routine which will always run (whenever freq.
synchronization would be required) and will find the peak (may be the same
peak shown by fftsink) and will calculate the center frequency where the
peak is found...??? But this is just my theoretical idea, I dont know how
can I do it...Can some one please tell me how I can implement such frequency
sychronizer(or may be you can say I want to implement PLL). How can I detect
the peak? and How I can find the frequency of that peak?

Best Regards

Kaleem Ahmad