Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP on 56ft mast: need long USB cable?

From: Rakesh Peter
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP on 56ft mast: need long USB cable?
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 11:31:42 +0530

Chris,

Marcus had mentioned about experimenting with ICRON Ranger 2101 USB 2.0 Extender for about 150foot. Check out these threads...

http://www.nabble.com/ICRON-Ranger-2101-USB-2.0-Extender-td19164474.html
http://www.nabble.com/USRP2-Price-td19399125.html (towards the end of the thread)

Regards,

Rakesh

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 12:15 AM, Chris Stankevitz <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi,

I'm putting my USRP and antenna on a 56 foot mast.  For my application
the USRP must be near the antenna.  I'd rather not deal with the
logistics of placing the computer on the mast as well.  Any ideas on how
I can get the USB data from the top of the mast to the ground where my
computer is?

ideas:
- long USB2 cable
- "USB2 -> ethernet" (does this exist?)