Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sigh

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sigh
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 12:58:36 -0700

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 11:47 AM, Bob McGwier <address@hidden> wrote:
> It appears that TI has withdrawn the free offering of a linux version of its
> compilers that I pointed out earlier (in October)  at this link.
>
> <https://www-a.ti.com/downloads/sds_support/targetcontent/LinuxDspTools/download.html>
>
> This is very disappointing.  Without free tools it makes no sense whatsoever
> to use TI parts for our projects (OMAP, etc.).
>
> They just took a great thing and flushed it down a toilet.

Not really, apparently IT screwed up and they are not recovering
quickly. I'm sure anyone who has had to deal with the corporate
webserver has some understanding how painful and slow this stuff can
be.

TI is trying, people are starting to understand open source and to
feed themselves using open-source models. Changing large corporations
is a slow process. There are people who really want people in the open
source world to do things with their DSP's.

If anyone needs further information, the best place to ask is the
Beagle Board list.

Philip