[Discuss-gnuradio] Inquiry about automatic gain control

From: bdannan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Inquiry about automatic gain control
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 22:53:22 -0500

I am trying to achieve a goal of controlling the AGC, please help.

Here is what I have so far, for the automatic gain control (AGC):

I have found in the module adc_interface (which is in
fpga\sdr_lib\adc_interface) a comment about level sensing for the AGC.

I am assuming the module rssi and module adc_interface is where the AGC is
controlled?

If not where do I go about turning on or off the AGC. The rssi is used to sense
the signal strength in the fpga and that is feedback to the ADC which controls
the AGC, is that correct?

After I know how to turn on and off the AGC, how do I adjust the gain of the
amplifier?

If I wanted to make a block diagram, or refer to a schematic that involves the
AGC, where should I start?

Is the AGC located before the ADC, and the ADC is contained in the fpga, right?

Thank you so much for your time and help,

Benjamin Dannan