[Discuss-gnuradio] Newbie question on unusually high latency when readin

From: Rohan Narayana Murty
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Newbie question on unusually high latency when reading from msgq in oscilloscope example
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 03:22:05 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

I am am new to the gnuradio system and I have a USRP1 board running gnuradio-3.0.2 (I have a box that was setup with this older version).

I modified the usrp_oscope.py and scopesink.py code to run without the gui (files attached). I then decided to measure the time taken to retrieve a message from the msgq. I find that the time taken (at a decimrate of 256, 128, or 64) to get a single msg from the msgq (using msgq.delete_head()) to be anywhere between 30 - 60ms. This seems to be particularly high. I do have USB 2.0 on my machine. I also tried this with different fusb_nlocks and fusb_block_size params but I still get the same delay.

I have looked at the mailing list archive and I haven't really a post with the same issue.

Would anybody know why I might be seeing this error?

thanks,
Rohan