[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: what is the rate(sampling) of the impulse respons

From: Bruhtesfa Ebrahim
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: what is the rate(sampling) of the impulse response using usrp_sounder.py ?
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 21:09:45 +0100

Johnathan Corgan wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 23:42 +0100, Bruhtesfa Ebrahim wrote:
>
>> I am using usrp_sounder.py to see channel impulse response. I used
>> just the default parameters(length=4095) using:
>>
>> usrp_sounder.py -t -f 2.40e9  -v
>> usrp_sounder.py -t -f 2.40e9 -v  -F 1st_Record.dat
>>
>> 1.  could someone tell me what the sampling rate of the recorded
>>  impulse response recorded will be?
>
> The impulse response bins are separated by 1/32MHz, or 31.25 ns.

but, does the USB support this much sampling rate of 32 MHZ?

 Also on simple gnu radio user manual, about gnuradio sounder it says :
"The sounder uses a custom FPGA bitstream that is able to generate and
receive a sounder waveform across a full 32 MHz wide swath of RF
spectrum; the waveform generation and impulse response processing occur
in logic in the USRP FPGA and not in the host PC. This avoids the USB
throughput bottleneck entirely."

This implies that the processed impulse response that goes to the USB is
of lower sampling rate than 32MHZ. or no? please correct me if i am
wrong.

 Thanks!

Bruhtesfa