[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 daughterboard recognition error

From: ILKYOUNG KWOUN
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 daughterboard recognition error
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 21:15:03 +0900

Hello, folks,

It seems that my USRP2 won't recognize the presence of daughtercard correctly.

What I did today was running the 'usrp2_wfm_rcv.py' program in sample
directory and I could not managed the program running correctly. While
I was tracking down the problem, I unplugged my basicRX daughterboard
from the USRP2 and ran 'usrp2_rx_cfile.py in 'gr-utils/src/python'
directory. The followings are the result.

Using mid-point gain of 0.0 ( 0.0 - 0.0 )
Network interface: eth0
USRP2 address: 00:50:c2:85:30:3f
Using RX d'board id 0x0001
Rx gain: 0.0
Rx baseband frequency: 0
Rx DDC frequency: 4.9M
Rx residual frequency: 11.735m
Rx decimation rate: 16
Rx sample rate: 6.25M
Receiving samples until Ctrl-C
Writing 32-bit complex floats
Output filename: RxDump

As you can see, the program detects the RX daughterboard id as  0x0001
while no daughterboard is connected to the mainboard.
That is just the same result out of a test with the daughterboard
connected on the right place. So, I'm very suspicious if the program
does not investigate the presence of daughtercard correctly.

I can do further test with DBRX(?) daughterboard at home but it would
take some time because I have to replace the main board of my
computer. So, I just wonder if I can get a help out there having a
clue on my case.

Best regards,

Ilkyoung.