Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ADC Specs

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] ADC Specs
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 15:47:13 -0800

I'm afraid I dont understand. Are you saying I should be calculating:
P = (0.707V)^2/50 Ohms
P = 10mW
or P = (0.707V)^2/200 Ohms
P = 2.5mW

The first one, 10mW, is what a signal source would be providing to the BasicRX or LFRX input. So if you set your signal generator to 10 dBm, you should see a signal at roughly full-scale.

The second one is the power that would be consumed at the input of the ADC, but that is a completely meaningless number.

Matt