RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Intel Atom is NICE.

From: Bob McGwier
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Intel Atom is NICE.
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 19:40:01 -0500

And GPU's are going to become commodity priced quickly and possibly even move
into the GPP and replace older ways of doing floating point.  With Nvidia CUDA,
you can write code for your GPP, call GPU with intrinsics to get pretty quick
payback while a better longer term strategy is worked on.

The future of really hard to program heterogeneous/not symmetric multiple core
processors,  irrespective of how great the bandwidth is,  I don't think is
looking all that rosy.  It simply cannot take months and months to get speed to
make the processor pay or the cost per flop, when ALL COSTS are amortized
(expensive people, etc.) begins to look bad.

Bob

ARRL SDR Working Group Chair
NJQRP, QRP ARCI, QCWA, FRC.
"And yes I said, yes I will Yes", Molly Bloom