Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Daughter Boards frequencies

From: Ronaldo Nunez
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Daughter Boards frequencies
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 09:08:19 -0200

Thank you Eric, I got it! ;)

2009/1/8 Eric Blossom <address@hidden>
On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 10:25:34AM -0200, Ronaldo Nunez wrote:
> Sorry my ignorance, I revised my question and i was not clearly...
>
> There is a condition on line 1008 in usrp_standard.cc code. That condition
> limits the LO frequency (see my schematic) to the maximum of 44 MHz, OK?

No, not OK.

The code you are looking at is the code that tunes only the digital
upconverter.  Please read the USRP FAQ and take a look at the
high-level tune method in usrp_standard.h

 /*!
  * \brief High-level "tune" method.  Works for the single channel case.
  *
  * This method adjusts both the daughterboard LO and the DUC so that
  * DC in the complex baseband samples ends up at RF target_freq.
  *
  * \param chan  which DUC channel we're controlling (usually == which_side).
  * \param db    the daughterboard we're controlling.
  * \param target_freq the RF frequency we want our baseband translated to.
  * \param[out] tune_result details how the hardware was configured.
  *
  * \returns true iff everything was successful.
  */
 bool tune(int chan, db_base_sptr db, double target_freq, usrp_tune_result *result);

Eric

--
Ronaldo A. Viera Nunez

Santa Maria - RS - Brasil