Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Standalone usrp2 - using SD card

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Standalone usrp2 - using SD card
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 21:22:13 -0800

Hyuntack Lim wrote:
Hi, all.

I want to configure a stand-alone USRP2 transmitter (without using PC,
with SD card).
So, first, I used the "tx_standalone.c" file at usrp2/firmware/apps.

Here are my questions:

1. Is using the "tx_standalone.c" to configure a stand-alone usrp2 TX
right way?

2. Now, does "tx_standalone.c" work?

3. IF USRP2 works with a "unmodifed" tx_standalone.c, what effects does
USRP2 have? In example, xxMHz tone generation, etc.,

tx_standalone does not do what you think it does. We used it for testing purposes. If you really want to make a complete standalone transmitter you will likely need to modify the FPGA as well.

Matt